RAPTURE - an artwork's backstory



July 14th              -              20 : 17pm            - a journal entry –

I have just finished this painting that I had in mind last night.

[Strokes]

This painting is very special for two reasons : the first one is that it came out to me stroke by stroke - I didn’t know exactly where I was going with this painting but slowly - little by little- it revealed itself under the natural light of my window.

And I saw what the big picture was going to be.

The second reason is that I have never thought of painting something like that before, it just happened and when I finished it, I just stood there, in front of it - with questioning eyes and a wordless mouth. That painting is certainly something I’ve never felt before which I think is why it looks so different from what I’m used to do.

Again. There’s no way I can possibly describe what I feel when I start to paint. It’s just unbelievable.

I made this painting this afternoon, in about three hours, in only one sitting, as if I was reading my favourite book.

I just couldn’t get my eyes off of it.



Love,
M xx

Comments